The reason they picked it over “twerk” or “binge-watch” is it’s use has gone up 17,000% over the last year. What’s funny is when you look this up online and you read the comment sections, everyone says it speaks of narciccism, which raises an interesting question, who’s more narcissistic, the people who post selfies or the people who post comments about what they think about people who post them?
1. Immediately drink a glass of water.
2. Put your feet on the ground as soon as you hear the alarm.
3. Immediately get into the shower . . . especially a cold shower.
4. Put the alarm clock on the other side of the room, so you have to get up to turn it off.
5. Don’t do anything else in bed other than sleep. If you get used to eating, watching TV, or reading in bed, your brain associates your bed with something other than sleep. And that’ll make it harder to get up in the morning.
6. Plan your breakfast the night before . . . and make sure it’s something you like. When you wake up, you’ll be hungry and happy about eating.
7. Eat an apple. It can work better than caffeine. We’re not sure why, but trust us . . . try it and you’ll see.
8. Do four or five minutes of basic exercise . . . like stretching and jumping.
9. Change the song or sound from your alarm clock regularly so you never get used to it.
You won’t be spending as much on Thanksgiving dinner this year, at least theoretically. The cost has gone down ever so slightly! This year, turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, pie…the standard fare will run about $49, which is down 44 cents. They say stable food and fuel prices are to thank. I’m going to guess this is minus the alcohol it may take to get the family together in one place. Because with another year of drama to work through that’s one cost that always seems to go up year to year.
Taylor Swift didn’t impress everyone at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show last week. Jessica Hart, one of the models, says she could never pull of being a lingerie model. She dropped a “bless her heart” when she was asked how Taylor would do walking a runway, saying she doesn’t think she’d fit because a lot of them work 14, 15 years training themselves to ignore hunger pains and shooting jealous looks at one another as opposed to singing, which apparently everyone can do.
and you definitely don’t get them if you’re pretending to be one. A guy in Tampa tried to pull that off at a Dunkin’ Donuts discount. Not once, but multiple times, even though they told him cops don’t get free donuts. they finally got tired of his game the other day and sent the cops after him. I would have asked him what he could do about a couple of parking tickets. Fix those, I’ll get you all the donuts you want!
Usually people on a plane can’t wait to get away from each other….the crazy chatty lady, the dude with the bad b.o. On a flight from Philly to New York though the passengers bonded together after the flight crew jumped the case of a blind guy. He had a seeing eye dog, and they told him the dog had to lay under the seat in front of him, like they want your bags to. Well, the flight was late taking off, and and they were sitting on the tarmac and the dog got up to stretch and they pulled the plane back to the gate to throw him off for being disruptive. That’s when the entire plane decided to walk off in protest of his treatment… or that airlines don’t do the same with crying kids.
That’s what 30% of women say about their husbands. 30% of women say he’s not Mr. Right but that doesn’t mean they aren’t still attracted to him, saying they guy they’re with is their best friend and still makes them and they’re proud of their achievements. See, she really is impressed that you won the belching contest at the bar, she just doesn’t want to encourage you to share that talent with others!
One World Trade Center is but isn’t the tallest building in the country. Tuesday, it was allowed to count it’s spire as part of its official height which is good because without the extra 408 feet it wouldn’t hit the magical 1776 foot height. Minus the topper, the Willis Tower in Chicago is still the tallest building by about 80 feet. With as much as the thing cost you would have thought someone could have looked up on Wikipedia how tall it needed to be so they wouldn’t need a technicality to set a record.