This may be one of the greatest yoga videos ever….
I know the times I’ve tried to do yoga (or any exercise that involves breaking out the yoga mat) my cats have tried to interrupt me.
enjoy the laugh!
In a secret service in France over last weekend. the couple of nine years wed.
The couples’ eldest sons, Maddox and Pax reportedly walked Jolie down the aisle while Shiloh and Knox were ring bearers and Zahara and Vivienne threw petals during the ceremony.
AP reports Jolie and Pitt wed in Chateau Miraval, in advance of the nondenominational civil ceremony.
They obtained a marriage license from a Californian judge, who also presided over the wedding.
OK- Here is my issue.
Monday Night I made some AMAZING Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread Muffins.
If you would like the recipe…. I used this one from Rachel Ray and instead of using a loaf pan I made muffins…cuts on cooking time (20-25mins) AND easier to eat! Wahoo!
There’s just one problem.
I like to enjoy these with some butter. (that’s not the problem, but maybe it is….)
But I can never decide how I should slice the muffin!
Should I go down the middle and enjoy both the muffin bottom and muffin top in each side? With the downside being the ratio of butter to muffin always varying with each bite?
OR…. Should I slice the muffin top off, enjoy my equal butter to muffin ratio, but know that half of my muffin will be more amazing than the other?
Because we all know muffin tops taste better than muffin bottoms…. thanks Elaine!
What do you think? How do you slice your muffin when you want to enjoy it with butter?
Meanwhile- I will have the 30 Rock “Muffin Top” Song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
Have a great one!
Summer is about to wind down…have you made the most of it yet?
Buzzfeed listed 27 things you need to do before summer is over. It’s a great list, and after making some “family-friendly” edits, it is TOTALLY do-able within the next few weeks before summer is officially over.
1. Eat something fried, delicious, and awful for you at a local fair. Hopefully you already took care of this at the Bartholomew County Fair…I know I did! This is probably one you could skip if need be.
2. Get cheap seats at a baseball game. Nothing says summer like a baseball game. The Indy Indians are still playing! But only through this weekend, so get tickets NOW!
3. Do one touristy thing in your city/town that you’ve never done before. This could apply year-round in Columbus with the Architectural Tour and the Miller home tour. Get Tour info HERE
4. Turn off your phone and go read in a park. Lunchtime at Mill Race Park.
5. Or better yet, at the beach. ummm…this might be harder to do….bring a jar of sand with you? Or find friends at Tipton Lakes and make them take you to the Marina!
6. Ice cream #1 after lunch: YES!
7. Ice cream #2 after dinner: YES! (I kinda love ice cream….)
8. Go for a night walk. So often this is about the only time when it’s cool enough to be outside. Enjoy the people trails! Please be safe and alert though.
9. Stargaze. I had PLENTY of opportunities to do this while camping in Mexico, but find a clear night and a spot out in the country and it will be just as beautiful. (you might just be able to combine #8 & #9!)
10. Wake up early and get all the best stuff at the farmer’s market. YES! The Downtown Columbus Farmer’s Market is one of my most favorite places to visit Saturday mornings! Go for the fresh produce, stay for the crepes, omelettes, dog watching, and running into all your friends. Running every Saturday through the 20th!
11. Make lemonade from scratch. A good idea, but you can get some wonderful lemon shake ups at the Farmer’s Market!
12. Have a picnic in the park. Mill Race Park again!
13. Have your all-white outfit moment. You can skip this one…
14. Get on a boat If it were up to me I would live on a boat every weekend.
15. Build a fire and make S’mores. Sooo many people have those backyard fire pits. Either get one from your local hardware store or find friends that have one and have a S’more party!
16. Go to an outdoor movie. Canary Creek Cinema’s in Franklin has a Drive in Theater that offers double features at a great price!
17. Or an outdoor concert. Hospice Concert and JCB Neighborfest. Done and Done.
18. Walk somewhere you usually would have driven or taken public transit to. I love doing this for lunch. True, I work near downtown so it’s a bit more convenient, but I’m sure you have friends that work downtown. Meet them at their place of work and then walk downtown (or where-ever you plan to eat lunch).
19. Invite friends over, make water balloons, and see what happens. A little more prep, unless you have one of these things. but well worth the effort on these hot sticky days!
20. Make grilled pizza. Or get a pie from the Flatrock Flatbread Company at the Farmer’s Market.
21. EAT ALL OF THE BARBECUE. YYYAAASSSS!!!!! I love it all! With coleslaw and sweet tea! I don’t care how or where you get it, make it happen!
22. In the event of a thunderstorm, try to capture the perfect lightning bolt photo. Please be safe though. Some of our storms can get pretty nasty!
Whether you were able to finish this list or not, I hope you had a fantastic Summer!
John Stamos, aka, Uncle Jesse, says, “Ok!”
Maybe they’ll take a page from Boy Meets World / Girl Meets World? The beloved ’90s sitcom, now a mainstay on Nick at Nite, may be returning to television with some of the original cast, TVGuide.com reports.
John Stamos, who has an ownership stake in the show, according to the site, is championing the cause. Other stars – including Candace Cameron Bure (who has said she’d be up for a TV reunion), Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber are on board, and Bob Saget and Dave Coulier may also be involved – plus creator Jeff Franklin and executive producer Bob Boyett are a part of the project as well.
No word yet, on the “semi-retired” Olsen twins. Or Aunt Becky returning.
You’re Wednesday squeeeeeeeee! Watch as Diesel the dog blows bubbles in the pool on demand. Cute to the max!!
If you don’t know what the ALS Ice Bucket challenge is, I’m worried. But also, if you don’t, watch below and find out!
Here are the Top 3 ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos out there (in my opinion):
#3 Chris Pratt
#2 Benedict Cumberbatch
#1 This guy. Makes my day.
What is your favorite? Have you done the challenge?