October 12, 2013
Tune your steel drum and get ready for some Calypso music as Trinbago will serve as this year’s host country for Ethnic Expo. This year marks the 29th annual Ethnic Expo presented by First Financial Bank in downtown Columbus. The two-day festival, which fosters understanding and an appreciation of Columbus’ diverse population, will take place on October 11th-12th outside Columbus City Hall.
All weekend: Entertainment, Vendors, Indian Creek FFA Pork Chops & Ice Cream, Smoke Eaters BBQ, Silent Auction, kids games at Mutual Savings Bank
Friday Ham & Bean Supper at Nineveh Christian Church from 5:30 to 8
Saturday: Breakfast starting at 7:30 a.m. at the corner, parade at 10 a.m., Fish Fry from 11 to 6 at the Masonic Lodge, Corn Hole Tournament at 12:30 p.m., Dessert Auction at 2 p.m., Chili Supper at the fire station from 5 to 7 p.m., Square Dance at 6 p.m.
One More For The Road! BEARS Ride: Saturday, October 12!
Shelbyville, Indiana. Join us for some of South-Central’s prettiest riding. Fall Colors are exploding, the farmers’ harvest is in full swing, and it’s a Great Day to Ride your Bike! Choose from a course to suit you: 10, 20, 30 or 50 miles! All proceeds go to Classroom Grants for Shelbyville Middle School. Ride for just $14.99 with discount code GOBEARS Price goes to $19.99 Thursday morning. Go now to www.bearsride.org!
For a second year now, the Columbus Area Arts Council will hold an online auction leading up to their annual fundraising gala, unCommon Cause. Starting Saturday, October 12, anyone with an internet connection will be able to support the Columbus Area Arts Council by bidding on donated items at www.biddingforgood.com/uncommoncause.
Columbus Museum of Art and Design features the manipulated photographs of artist Darryl Jones at the Gallery at Hotel Indigo from October 1 through October 31.
Bring in your old, gently used costumes and pick up a “new to you” one. All sizes can be swapped. Costume accessories are also welcome.
Costumes can be dropped off beforehand at kidscommons.
Free museum admission 10:00 am – 5:00 pm sponsored by The Republic.
First Christian Church of Bargersville is hosting a Fish ‘n’ Chips Fry on Saturday, October 12. Serving starts at 11:00 am and runs until 5:00 pm – or when the fish is gone!
All proceeds will be used for local families at Christmas.
$8.00 for adults! Meal includes fish, steak fries, cole slaw, drink & dessert.
$4.00 kids meal includes hot dog, potato chips, drink & dessert.
All proceeds to help with local ministry.
Time: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Address: 5th & Lindsey Streets, Downtown Columbus
Location: Round Lake at Mill Race Park
Admission: Free Event
- After the Ethnic Expo Parade, follow “Kwacker” the Duck down to Mill Race Park for the 10th Annual Kiwanis Incredible Duck Splash
- Free Duck Splash events will include a Bounce House, Free Popcorn, Walgreen’s Health Tests, Coupons for a Dilly Bar from the Downtown Dairy Queen, Indy Admirals Remote Control Boats, and Photo Opportunities with Characters from the 501st & Rebel Legions of Star Wars. 2013 Lucasfilm LLC & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
- All “adopted” ducks will be turned loose into Round Lake to compete for over $12,000 in cash and prizes, some even dropped from a helicopter courtesy of Columbus Helicopter. One lucky duck will have 10 chances to win a new car or $50,000.
- Remote control “Duckinator boats” will randomly select ducks to determine the winners.
- The FREE Don Miller Magic Show will begin at 1:15 pm, while the winners are being determined. Winners will be announced at approximately 2:00 pm.
- Ducks are available for purchase from any local Kiwanis member, at Midwest Computer Solutions, and from any participating “Duck Buddy” youth organization listed on our website: www.kducks.com.