The Columbus Indiana Architectural Archives has put together an exhibit called ” Columbus Fire Station Architecture”. It covers a period from when our fire wagons were pulled by horses in the late 1800′s, to our newest fire stations of today. The exhibit includes stations designed by local architects, national architects, and international architects. It also includes the first woman architect to be invited to Columbus to design under the Cummins Engine Foundation program, two architectural models, and “Sgt. Little George”.
The exhibit is located in the gallery space of the Bartholomew County Public Library and is available during library hours.